Google Webmaster Tools is a no-charge web service by Google for webmasters. It allows webmasters to check indexing status and optimize visibility of your websites. Clear the broken URLs, make your site error free. Allows you to index your pages so as to appear in Google SERP.
It has tools that let the webmasters:
- Submit and check a sitemap
- Check and set the crawl rate, and view statistics about how Googlebot accesses a particular site
- Generate and check a robots.txt file. It also helps to discover pages that are blocked in robots.txt by chance.
- List internal and external pages that link to the site
- See what keyword searches on Google led to the site being listed in the Search Engine Result Page(SERP), and the click through rates of such listings
- View statistics about how Google indexes the site, and if it found any errors while doing it
- Set a preferred domain (e.g. prefer example.com over www.example.com or vice versa), which determines how the site URL is displayed in SERPs
Google Webmasters Tools Vs Google Analytics:
Google Webmaster Tool shows traffic for each keyword separately, it gives more information about website performance according to Google search query. This tool does not cover search results from other search engines, such as Bing, Yahoo, or Baidu.
Google Analytics shows total traffic of a website such as clicks to your site regardless of where they came from and what search terms were used. It shows whatever search terms brought up your site in the listings. While your keywords might be there too, many will probably be specific terms or long-tail search terms. There are probably even search terms where Google offered your site even though they don’t see a perfect match. If Google thinks the searcher meant something else, maybe they displayed your site for that word or term as a suitable match even though that word is not listed in Webmaster Tools as even being on your site.
Hope you got What is Google Webmaster Tools ? How you can optimize your website ?
Thank You ! Happy Optimizing !
Please do Comments for any kind of query