Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 features a 5.8-inch QHD TFT capacitive touch screen display which has a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. Under the hood is a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor, 1.5GB of RAM and 8GB of internal memory, which is expandable up to 64GB via micro SD card. Today we will guide you how to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8.
What you need to do:
- Samsung USB drivers or Samsung Kies, Samsung USB driver can be downloaded here
- Enable USB Debugging mode on the Galaxy Mega 5.8, Go to (Menu> Settings> General> Development> USB Debugging)
- Backup important data, like contacts, sms and other applications, your files may be deleted during the process.
- Charge the battery to at least 80% in order to avoid the discharge while rooting.
- Download SuperSU app
- You must have CWM Recovery on your smartphone.
- Copy the file UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip which you downloaded above, to external memory card (SDcard).
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8
- Go to CWM recovery by pressing the following buttons simultaneously VOL UP + HOME + POWER
- If you have entered select install zip from SD card.
- Select the file UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip
- Select Yes to confirm the install
- If you've completed the process select GO Back and select reboot system
If you have SuperUser app installed on your Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8, then you have successfully rooted your smartphone. If you have any questions then leave it below.