Today we are showing you all what are the steps to take greater control of your Android device and this time we talk about a very special device. By Samsung comes one of the most popular devices, As you have already guessed we are talking about Samsung Galaxy S4 , which today we will tell you the steps to root.
- Install Kies to get drivers.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
- Download and install Odin
- Download the CF-Root from Chainfire
Just download and install Kies, Samsung’s proprietary software, it is only necessary if your computer have not installed the drivers for the phone. If you already have loaded you can skip this first step.
- Once installed open Odin, but attentive to do it using administrator permissions. In case anyone does not know it is done with the right mouse button on the icon of Odin and selecting “Run as administrator”.
- Once we started Odin, seek the box called PDA. The activated and the menu look and load the file CF-Root by Chainfire we’ve previously downloaded.
- We turn off the phone and started in Download mode by volume down key combination, central and power button at the same time and when we ask with a yellow triangle press volume up.
- We connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 the PC and wait for Odin to recognize it. This should change the box to the top left, under ID: COM., A yellow or blue color that varies depending on the version of Odin we use if not recognized may not have properly installed the drivers, so must reload.
- Press the Start option and expect the process to finish. We will see a series of messages in the lower left part of the evolution process, which ends when the box in the top left turns green with PASS legend.
- In that time we have managed to have root permissions and can disconnect the phone from the PC.
As you can see the process is very simple, and although as always, there is minimal risk, almost all steps are automated and harder it can often load driver because Odin is a program with a large stability makes Samsung devices root easily.