CyanogenMod is one of the best Android custom OS developed in the market. It has many advanced features that the original Android OS is lacking. Hence, most of smartphone users prefer to install CyanogenMod OS based on Android.
In this guide, we will learn about installing CyanogenMod in OnePlus 2 device without rooting it. But is it possible? Yes, of course this is possible by installing CyanogenMod in recovery mode.
Steps to install CyanogenMod 12.1 without rooting device:
- Download latest CyanogenMod 12.1 OS from the developer site for OnePlus 2.
- Download Google Apps compatible for OnePlus 2.
- Copy both these files into OnePlus 2 internal storage using USB cable.
- Restart OnePlus 2 in recovery mode.
- Wipe cache memory and reset to factory setting.
- Navigate and select the CyanogenMod 12.1 OS file from internal storage.
- Select the file and start installing CyanogenMod.
- Next, select Google Apps (gapps) file from internal storage and install it as well.
- Reboot the mobile phone and let the Installation and upgrading process continue.
- Now your mobile is running on CyanogenMod 12.1 OS without rooting OnePlus 2 device.
Working features in CyanogenMod with OnePlus 2:
Not working features:
- Laser Autofocus
- Notification Slider
- Enforcing selinux
Note and Conclusion:
I hope this article has made you learn about installing CyanogenMod in OnePlus 2 smartphone.
*** We don’t recommend to flash your device with an unofficial version. MatruDEV is not liable for any damage cause or bricking of your phone.
If you have any issue with installation of CyanogenMod, then feel free to comment below or create a new support topic explaining the exact issue.
You may also check video by RootJunky: