Recovery mode helps to recover any internal software malfunction or manual upgrading software in Android OS. There are different ways to boot a mobile phone in recovery mode. We have added few methods that would help you to learn.
Recovery mode for Android OS:
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume up button as well as Power on button at the same time for a few seconds until the device turns on.
- Tap to Recovery Mode or move cursor using the volume button and select using the power button.
- Now your Android OS is in recovery mode for installing new OS from internal storage.
Recovery mode for CyanogenMod:
CyanogenMod allows to enable recovery mode booting options in Developer options under settings. If developer options is not present in settings you can follow below steps to enable it. Else directly continue from step 4.
- Go to Settings and scroll to bottom for About Phone option.
- Scroll to Build Number and tap on it for 8 times to enable Developer options.
- Go back to the Settings page and tap on Developer options.
- Check for Advance reboot and enable it.
- Press Power button and select Reboot.
- Next, Select Recovery and tap on OK.
- Now your CyanogenMod OS will be rebooted in recovery mode.
Note and Conclusion:
There are also few other methods using apps and using USB. But above to the most convenient way to boot recovery mode.