This is complete step by step guide on configuring the Email client — Outlook 2013 for Yahoo Mail.
- Head to Windows Icon > Control Panel > Mail. Click the Add button to add a new Yahoo Mail account.
- Create a New Profile with any desired name to save emails into local disc and Click on OK.
- Click on the “Manual setup or additional server types” radio button at the bottom of the new account window. Then, hit Next.
- Choose POP or IMAP at the next screen and hit Next.
- Type in your name and Yahoo mail address under “User Information. Change your Account Type from POP3 to IMAP, and add imap.mail.yahoo.com as your Incoming Mail Server. Type in smtp.mail.yahoo.com as your Outgoing Mail Server(SMTP).
- Type in your full Yahoo mail address (i.e. email@example.com) and password under Logon Information.
- Hit the More Settings button and go to the Advanced tab. Under Incoming Server, type 993 and set your encryption from “None” to “SSL“. Under Outgoing Server, type 587 and set your encryption to TLS.
- Head to the Outgoing Server tab of the same window and check the box that says “My outgoing server requires authentication“. Hit OK, and hit Next to complete your account setup.
- Hit Next button and test the connection.
- Once the test connection is successful, click Finish button to complete setup. And now Microsoft Outlook 2013 client will open with Yahoo account.
Note and Conclusion:
I hope now you are successfully able to setup Yahoo Mail with Microsoft Outlook email client. If you faced any issue, then feel free to comment below.