Titles & Metas is second tab after General setting to configure in Yoast SEO (WordPress SEO) plugin. Settings of titles and metas will directly impact search result display.
Titles and Metas have further General, Homepage, Post Type, Taxonomies, Archives, Other.
- General: will help to enable Yoast SEO titles and metas function in WordPress. This tab is also used for setting default Separator site. BeingBlog will be using * as separator.
- Homepage: will allow to modify the site title template and meta description template that will be shown in search result. You can also adds meta keywords if required.
- Post Types: similar to homepage settings, post type helps in setting template for posts, pages, and media. If you are using any other custom post type like bbPress then that will be appearing here for setup.
- Taxonomies: helps in setting titles and meta templates for Category, Tags and other post formats. I have made Tags to no-index, follow so that tags archive should not get index by search engine.
- Archives: helps in setting search display of Author and Date archives display in search. It also has options to disable author and date archive to avoid duplicate content. Archive setting will also change titles for Search page and 404 error page. Below is settings of BeingBlog archives setting for Yoast SEO.
- Other: helps in setting sitewide meta settings.