Unlock bootloader of any Sony Xperia Smartphone like Xperia E, Xperia E dual, Sony Xperia Z2, Sony Xperia Z Ultra, Sony Xperia C4 Dual, Sony Xperia E4, Sony Xperia U, Sony Xperia M4 Aqua Dual, Sony Xperia C3, Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Dual, Sony Xperia C, Sony Xperia M, Sony Xperia P, Sony Xperia L, Sony Xperia SP, Sony Xperia V etc. with a single click. You can unlock both single and dual sim variants.
You might also like – Root any Sony Xperia Smartphone with a single click.
The application makes the process of unlocking the bootloader very easy as it automatically retrieve unlock code and everything that is required to unlock bootloader.
Note: 1. These application do not work for Sony Xperia Tipo and Xperia Tipo Dual. But you can unlock the bootloader for Xperia Tipo and Tipo dual by an alternative method .
2. You will void your warranty. Take backup of your internal storage as unlocking bootloader will wipe apps, app data and some system data.
Before proceeding further check whether your device is allowed to unlock the bootloader. To check –
- In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
- Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the step below. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
Steps to follow –
1. First download the Sony PC companion on your device and install it.
2. Now download the Kingo Sony Bootloader Unlock application on your PC. Run and install the application.
3. Connect your device to computer using original Sony USB cable. Make sure you enabled USB debugging in your Xperia device. To enable USB debugging, go to settings > Developer options > Right check on USB debugging.( For Android version > 4.4, if developers option are hidden. Go to Setting > About phone > Build number, Continuously tap on build number, developer options are unhidden.)
4. Open the app, after that, kingo will automatically install the device driver and establish connection with your device. Please be patient.
5. Click “Unlock” to start when you are ready. It will take a few minutes before the whole process is complete. During this course, please do not disconnect, move or touch your device in any way.
6. All done your bootloader is unlocked.
Note: If the the process fails than you can also try alternative method.
Finally, reboot your device. To check whether the bootloader is unlocked – open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu. Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock says Yes, then your bootloader is unlocked.
I hope you liked the article, if you face any problem do comment below.