Note: These method not only works for Sony Xperia Tipo (Single and Dual) but also for all other Xperia devices.
To unlock bootloader of Sony Xperia devices, you need unlock code. But official website of Sony Xperia has removed the names of Sony Xperia Tipo and Sony Xperia Tipo dual from the list of devices for which boot loader can be unlocked (Website says, if your device is not in the list, it’s not possible to unlock the boot loader). But today I am going to tell you a trick to unlock bootloader for Sony Xperia Tipo and Sony Xperia Tipo dual. Before that check whether your device is allowed to unlock the bootloader. To check –
- In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
- Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
• Visit the website of Sony Xperia, there you will be asked to select your device for unlocking boot loader. As you will not find Sony Xperia Tipo and Tipo dual, select any device that resembles Tipo like Xperia E or E dual, Xperia Miro, Xperia M etc.
• After selecting the device tap on continue, it will ask you to enter your E-mail ID.
• You will be sent a link, click it. Now you will be asked to enter IMEI number of your device (To get the IMEI number, dial *#06# on dialler, note it correctly and keep it written somewhere).
• Follow the instructions and you will get unique unlock code, note it correctly and keep it written somewhere safely.
Download this two files –
Note: You will void your warranty. Take a backup of your Xperia device as it will wipe all your apps and data related with apps.
•Install the Sony PC companion on your device. Connect your device using USB cable. Do not forget to enable USB debugging. (To enable USB debugging, go to settings > Developer options > Right check on USB debugging.)
•Now open the second downloaded file, their you will see SE_Bootloader_Unlock_Relock application open it.
1. After opening the program. Enter the first 14-digits of IMEI code into the first text box.
2. Enter the Unlock Code in second box. (For devices other than Xperia Tipo and Tipo dual, press the Get Unlock Code button. You will see your unlock code in the Unlock Code box. If code doesn’t appear automatically than get unlock code via E-mail)
3. Make sure that Flash type is Fastboot mode. Disconnect USB cable, turn off the phone, press and hold Volume Up key and connect the USB cable to the computer. If the LED light turns blue that means the phone is now on Fastboot mode.
4. Click the Unlock BL button. The program will automatically unlock your bootloader! (You can also relock bootloader or wipe data or cache of your device)
You might also like – Root any Xperia Smartphone with single click.
Now reboot your device. To check whether the bootloader is unlocked – open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu. Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock says Yes, then your bootloader is unlocked.
Conclusion: I hope this was helpful, please give your feedback and if you have any query ask me in comment section below.