You might have noticed an option called New broadcast under menu section of your whatsApp app. What is this WhatsApp broadcast? how to use it? And how differs from group chat and general messaging?
WhatsApp Broadcast is a list feature by which you can send a message to several of your friends at once. In other words, it is a saved list of recipients or receivers to whom you can send messages simultaneously without having to select them each time.
To create Broadcast list:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap on the Menu option.
- Select New broadcast. (Press the speaker icon in upper right corner if present)
- Type your contacts’ names or press the button to choose from your contact list.
- Select create a list. You are done.
You can add recipients, remove recipients, change list name and edit your broadcast list anytime.
How it differs from group chat?
- When you send a message as broadcast, it will be sent to all recipients in the list. Each recipient will receive the message as a normal message in their chats screen with you. But in the case of group message it will be sent openly to all members of the group.
- You can add up to 256 recipients on your broadcast list. You can add 100 recipients in a group.
- When they reply, it will appear as a normal message in your chats screen with a recipient; their reply will not be sent to other recipients in the Broadcast List. But in group chat it will appear as a group conversation.
- Only contacts who have added you to their contact lists will receive your broadcast messages. If recipients are not getting your broadcast messages, check to make sure they have added your number to their address book. In group chat, there is no need saving the contact.