A while ago I mentioned in a last WordPress settings post that I will using changing Media upload folder to something else. In this article, I will explain how I will be modifying media upload folder to SEO benefits.
To modify media folder upload there is a plugin in WordPress named as WP Original Media path. I will be using this to change folder name and location of folder. To install the plugin follow below steps:
- Go to Plugins tab in WordPress admin dashboard
- Hit on Add new.
- Enter WP Original Media Path in plugin search field.
- Hit on Install now to download and install.
- Click on Activate Now link after installation.
- Now under Settings tab, look for WP Original Media Path.
- Change the Store uploads in this folder and Full URL path to files to desire folder name and location.
- Hit on Update button.
In my case, I changed folder name to files and updated full URL path as below screenshot.
You can also change folder name and location from “Media settings” under Settings tab. Also I already mentioned in WordPress setting after new installation article that I have disabled Month and Year upload folders as I want all my media files in one single folder.